Friday, October 7, 2011

Elements of a good candidate.

It's been quite a while since I applied to school and I learned a lot through this process.  Long gone are the days of submitting applications in the mail, as everything is now submitted online.  The first part of this process was to fill out my AACOMAS application.  Its a centralized application service that will submit all of your basic information to the schools you apply to ---Personal Statement, MCAT scores, Grades, Extra curricular activities and so forth.  Timing is everything when you apply to Medical School in the US as applicants are admitted on a rolling basis.  Therefore, the earlier you apply, the greater the chance of admissions.  I learned this lesson the hard way, as I was wait listed at 2 schools after applying very late in the 2010/2011 cycle.  However, as you will see, not being admitted for fall 2011 was a blessing in disguise.

As I take you through this journey, I will bring you back to key factors that influenced my decision and obstacles I overcame to ultimately gain admittance to Osteopathic Medical School.

No comments:

Post a Comment